this page is continually being updated to include more information. please check back for more information.
Join Others in the Church in a Group Plan via the YouVersion Bible App
We encourage everyone to join one of our church group reading plans using one of the links shown here. They are unique to our church and will provide you with a community to be part of as you are reading. Developing the habit of living in God’s Word is difficult, and we are not meant to walk this Christian life alone. We need you! Please follow one of these links to join in our Church-wide Bible-reading movement.The benefits of joining a group plan are twofold (at least)
- Keeps you accountable. You know that you’re not in it alone. We all know how hard it is to stay committed when we’re trying to do it all by ourselves.
- There is a “Talk It Over” section after each day’s reading. In order to get the most out of each day’s reading, we highly encourage you to find one thing to meditate on from the day’s reading and write your reflections. Then others can be blessed as well and you can also read other people’s reflections for things you might not have noticed!
Group Plan Host: Peter Lee
Join the “WHOLE BIBLE” group plan
NEW TESTAMENT ONLY*
Group Plan Host: Jordan Guanga
Join the “NEW TESTAMENT ONLY” group plan
2020 Bible Reading Plan Information
We will be following the “Solid Life” Reading PlanThere are TWO OPTIONS this year
- Read through the WHOLE BIBLE
- Read through just the NEW TESTAMENT ONLY
“The Solid Life Reading Plan helps you understand the entire Bible. The Old Testament is read once in near chronological order and the New Testament is read twice, beginning the year with Luke and Acts, the first 60 years of New Testament history. Psalms are often read on the same day as corresponding events. Historical books such as the Kings are read along with contemporary prophets. May you hear God’s voice as you read!”
Solid Life “NEW TESTAMENT ONLY” Reading Plan
“The Solid Life “New Testament” Reading Plan is perfect for beginners or those redeveloping their daily discipline. You will complete the entire New Testament (NT) in a year, and read a few important NT books twice. Both of the Solid Life Reading Plans read the same NT chapters each day, so you can easily fellowship with others about the daily reading. May you hear God’s voice as you read!”
Need to download the app on your phone, tablet, or computer? (Apple/Android/Windows Phone/Blackberry/Windows 8)
Download the YouVersion Bible App
The Plan (as a printout)
“Solid Life” Reading Plan PDF
(Right Click, Save As)
Bible Reading Resources
Bible Reading Plan General FAQ
- Which version should I read?
- I missed a day. What do I do? If you miss a day, week etc…, don’t worry. Just pick up with the current day’s reading. Don’t be stressed with having to catch up (unless you can!) . While the goal is to read through the Bible in a year, the bigger goal is to develop a habit of being in God’s word daily and to meditate on it.
- YouVersion Bible App: It’s past January 1 and I want to set up the plan 1) Join in one of our group plans that have been going since January 1. See above for links to join a group plan.
You can read any version you want. However, we usually preach from the English Standard Version (ESV), so if you are able, read from the ESV.
2) You can set up a private plan on the app and change the start date back to January 1 so that the current day’s reading is the correct reading. For information on how to do so, go here. Unfortunately, at the moment it is not possible to push a start date of a plan back on a group plan. If you want to take part in a group plan, please join in one of the existing group plans that other church members are already in.